Inverkeithing Competitive Amateur Swimmers
Frequently asked questions :
1) What is a swim meet or swim gala ?
tThis is a swim get together where the swimmers compete in certain disciolines and within their age groups. There are short and long distance meets; the short discance meet ttend to focus on 50 meter and 100 meter swims such as butterfly, front crwl, back stroke and breast stroke. A swim meet is generally split up in a morning session and afternoon session and sometimes spread over a Saturday and a Sunday. The events are numbered 1 for a saurday morning, 2 for the afternoon, 3 for he sunday morning and 4 for the sunday afternoon.
2) What to bring for a swim meet or gala ?
For swimmers it is important to bring a few energy snacks for pool side as well as a packed lunch and it is paramount that you bring a full water bottle.
For spectators we recommend that you dress lightly as it is always very warm in the swimming pool spectator area.
3) What do I need to have in my training kit bag ?
- For the younger swimmers : Pool bouy, kick board, Fins and hand paddles
- For the development and performance swimmers : Pool bouy, Kickboard, Fins, hand paddles and parachute.
To be edited.